Rydges Mackay Suites – Food & Beverage Team
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Mackay Suites
Make your next career move with Rydges Mackay Suites. Conveniently located in the heart of one of Australia’s favourite Queensland towns and a stone’s throw away from the Great Barrier Reef, now’s the time to join our team and help shape unforgettable guest adventures at this contemporary and idyllic hotel.
About the role
We are looking for an all rounder with bartending and table service experience for Moss on Wood, our casual Australian restaurant.
20-25hrs per week, roughly 5pm-10pm 2 nights a week, 5pm – 1am Fridays + Saturdays.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- You have an outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative.
- You are totally into hospitality and food and beverage.
- You are able to juggle ten things at once.
- A commitment to exceptional guest service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Impeccable presentation and grooming.
- A strong work ethic.
- Waiter/Bartender experience.
- Flexible availability to work various shifts across 7 days of the week.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.