Rydges Melbourne – Apprentice Chef
Undergoing a complete transformation, the iconic Rydges Melbourne is reopening in April 2023 and is on the hunt for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice Chef just as sharp as its brand-new look.
This is our flagship in the making; this is Rydges, reimagined. With a complete refurbishment of all 370 rooms, suites and apartments, nine events spaces, terrace overlooking Her Majesty’s Theatre, interactive fitness centre and rooftop pool. The new Rydges Melbourne will offer unforgettable hospitality.
Rydges Melbourne will unveil a new restaurant and bar, that will hero local seasonal produce and excite the senses. Reporting into the Executive Chef, we are after a hands-on 1st, 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentice Chef… Is your mind racing yet?
Sound like you? Throw your hat in the ring to be a part of the pre-opening team and make Rydges Melbourne the talk of the town.
- A quirky attitude with the desire to push innovation and creativity across the restaurant, private dining spaces, and special events.
- A passion for team culture
- Commitment to maintaining high and consistent standards of products across all food and beverage outlets.
- Excited to work with the Executive chef, Front of House team including the Director of Food and Beverage, Outlets Manager, and the Restaurant Manager.
- Ability to work a range of shifts including weekends, nights, public holidays
- Strong written and communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Dry-cleaned uniforms
- Daily staff meals
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura & Independent Collection by EVENT
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class and more
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. There are lots of opportunities across our range of celebrated brands, spanning Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. At EVT we believe it’s more than just a job, with Elevate Perks our team members and their families get to enjoy a great range of discounts across our experiences. In a world of cookie cutter experiences, here at EVT we believe in a mindset that is all about changing the game. Because while our customers come from different walks of life, they all share one thing in common, the desire for stand-out experiences that escape the ordinary. It’s why we are constantly adding new dimensions to all we do. Bringing people together in fresh and original ways across Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. Our 70+ hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Protecting the environment is important to everyone. At EVT, we pledge to make change happen by implementing sustainable practices across our group, both now and in the future. Find out what it means to us at https://www.evt.com/elevate/our-community