Rydges Melbourne – Event Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Melbourne
Located in the vibrant Melbourne theatre district, urban sophistication meets warm local hospitality at Rydges Melbourne. With a passion for guest service worthy of a standing ovation, and show-stopping onsite facilities, be part of a team dedicated to crafting an unforgettable experience. It’s your time to shine, make your move.
About the role
Rydges Melbourne is seeking a dynamic event manager to join our team and be part of our flagship hotel’s transformation.
Our revitalised hotel promises a redefined experience, blending iconic hospitality with more than 1500 square metres of new conference and event spaces including The Terrace offering an incredible outdoor event space to the spectacular Centre Stage with its soaring 7 metre high ceilings and 7 by 4 metre LED screen.
As an Event Manager, you will be instrumental in creating exceptional experiences within our cutting-edge event spaces. From conferences to cocktail events and gala dinners, you will be part of a team that ensures every detail exceeds expectations.
- Collaborate closely with the conference and events sales team and operations team to deliver the ultimate event experience for our clients.
- Optimise client and internal communications.
- Manage workflow using event software including preparing event orders with detail and precision.
- Cultivate client relationships through on site client engagement.
- Champion operational excellence and liaise seamlessly with various departments.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Proven experience as an Event Manager with exceptional organisational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency, iVvy CRM experience an advantage.
- Proficiency in managing multiple events with a keen eye for detail, while meeting deadlines.
- Industrious and innovative approach to client solutions.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.