Rydges Melbourne – Guest Service Agent
About the business
This is our flagship in the making; this is Rydges, reimagined. With a complete refurbishment of all 370 rooms, suites and apartments, signature restaurant and bar, eleven events spaces, a new rooftop terrace overlooking Her Majesty’s Theatre, interactive fitness centre and rooftop pool. The new Rydges Melbourne will offer unforgettable hospitality… Is your mind racing yet?
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Refreshingly local, we’re after a Guest Service Agent to provide guests with world class customer service, solve problems and fit in to our pre-existing “Can Do” culture.
Sound like you? Throw your hat in the ring to make Rydges Melbourne the talk of the town.
- To represent the face of the hotel to be able to offer an enticing, warm welcome to all guests entering Rydges Melbourne
- To execute best practice of all hotel procedures and policies at all times
- To maintain a proactive and positive approach to the role in order to achieve success
- To communicate effectively and professionally with all staff & management
- To be aware of health & safety practices, hotel security for both guests and staff
- To assist in predicting, planning and resolving any mishaps, to ensure an exceptional experience is provided
- To check aid our guests through the check-in process, ensuring they’re able to have the full Rydges Melbourne Experience
- You work together with the Front Office Team to anticipate and deliver an exceptional experience to all guests.
- You report to the Duty Managers and collaborate with all departments, including but not limited to: Management, Housekeeping, Laundry, Sales, Reservations, Telephonists, Maintenance and all Food & Beverage; to execute stunning service to your guests.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/