Rydges Melbourne – Guest Experience Specialist
Undergoing a complete transformation, the iconic Rydges Melbourne is reopening late Autumn 2023 and is on the hunt for a Guest Experience Specialist just as sharp as its brand-new look.
This is our flagship in the making; this is Rydges, reimagined. With a complete refurbishment of all 370 rooms, suites and apartments, signature restaurant and bar, eleven events spaces, a new rooftop terrace overlooking Her Majesty’s Theatre, interactive fitness centre and rooftop pool. The new Rydges Melbourne will offer unforgettable hospitality… Is your mind racing yet?
Refreshingly local, we’re after a Guest Experience Specialist to be the first point of contact for guest communication via phone or email. From the moment a guest contacts the hotel they will be greeted with warmth and welcoming communication. You will be responsible for assisting all guest requests by creating a personalised hotel experience making them feel right at home from the moment they arrive.
Sound like you? Throw your hat in the ring to make Rydges Melbourne the talk of the town.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive, coordinate and respond to all incoming hotel communication.
- Answer all incoming hotel enquiries in a warm, friendly and timely manner.
- Arrange and prepare all VIP gifts, guest amenities and room requests.
- Communicate guest requests to the appropriate department(s) and follow up to ensure requests have been fulfilled.
- Process room service orders, answer questions on menu selection and record transactions in point-of-sale system.
- Maintain the guest support email inbox.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with Opera PMS is preferred
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and clear dictation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle a high volume of calls
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to work flexible hours, including weekends
Benefits & Perks:
- Dry-cleaned uniforms
- Daily staff meals
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura & Independent Collection by EVENT
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class and more
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. There are lots of opportunities across our range of celebrated brands, spanning Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. At EVT we believe it’s more than just a job, with Elevate Perks our team members and their families get to enjoy a great range of discounts across our experiences. In a world of cookie cutter experiences, here at EVT we believe in a mindset that is all about changing the game. Because while our customers come from different walks of life, they all share one thing in common, the desire for stand-out experiences that escape the ordinary. It’s why we are constantly adding new dimensions to all we do. Bringing people together in fresh and original ways across Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. Our 70+ hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Protecting the environment is important to everyone. At EVT, we pledge to make change happen by implementing sustainable practices across our group, both now and in the future. Find out what it means to us at https://www.evt.com/elevate/our-community