Rydges Melbourne – Housekeeping Supervisors
Refreshing local. A new Rydges experience.
Undergoing a complete transformation, the iconic Rydges Melbourne is reopening in April 2023 and is on the hunt for Housekeeping Supervisors just as sharp as its brand-new look.
This is our flagship in the making; this is Rydges, reimagined. With a complete refurbishment of all 370 rooms, suites and apartments, signature restaurant and bar, eleven events spaces, a new rooftop terrace overlooking Her Majesty’s Theatre, interactive fitness centre and rooftop pool. The new Rydges Melbourne will offer unforgettable hospitality… Is your mind racing yet?
We’re after a Housekeeping Supervisors standout who can assist the Executive Housekeeper in the daily housekeeping operations across rooms, public areas and laundry.
Throw your hat in the ring to make Rydges Melbourne the talk of the town.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and train Room and Uniform Attendants, House persons and Public Area Cleaners.
- Ensures that room attendants use of Optii remains operational. Ensures all team members are familiar with housekeeping work processes. Monitor Rooms return into Systems ready for inspection, and checked
- Act as rooms coordinator liaising with Reception regarding room status and special requests
- Monitor housekeeping supplies and stock levels, making sure all pantries and public areas are clean and tidy
- Reports any potential health and safety hazards to the Health and Safety Officer. Ensures that good standards are maintained and that safety is to the highest priority.
- Creates a congenial work environment for all team members ensuring high levels of morale.
- Takes extreme care with personal grooming to maintain a consistently high level of professional appearance.
- Greets each guest in a polite and courteous manner being careful not to confuse friendliness with familiarity.
- Attends monthly departmental communication, training and information meetings.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a 4.5-star environment.
- Meticulous working style, exceptional attention to detail and genuine commitment to ensure High standard of cleanliness throughout all areas of the Hotel.
- A hands-on leader with a passion for coaching and motivating a large team in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- An excellent communicator with efficient time management skills
- The ability to manage competing priorities, remaining calm under pressure.
- You may be an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor, or an energetic and driven leader from another Department looking to enhance your hotel operations experience and further develop your leadership skills with a large team.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and holiday periods is essential.
Benefits & Perks:
- Dry-cleaned uniforms
- Daily staff meals
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura & Independent Collection by EVENT
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class and more
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. There are lots of opportunities across our range of celebrated brands, spanning Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. At EVT we believe it’s more than just a job, with Elevate Perks our team members and their families get to enjoy a great range of discounts across our experiences. In a world of cookie cutter experiences, here at EVT we believe in a mindset that is all about changing the game. Because while our customers come from different walks of life, they all share one thing in common, the desire for stand-out experiences that escape the ordinary. It’s why we are constantly adding new dimensions to all we do. Bringing people together in fresh and original ways across Entertainment, Ventures and Travel. Our 70+ hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Protecting the environment is important to everyone. At EVT, we pledge to make change happen by implementing sustainable practices across our group, both now and in the future. Find out what it means to us at https://www.evt.com/elevate/our-community