Rydges Melbourne – Maintenance Technician / Handyperson
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Melbourne
Located in the vibrant Melbourne theatre district, urban sophistication meets warm local hospitality at Rydges Melbourne. With a passion for guest service worthy of a standing ovation, and show-stopping onsite facilities, be part of a team dedicated to crafting an unforgettable experience. It’s your time to shine, make your move.
About the role
The iconic Rydges Melbourne reopened its doors in May 2023, having undergone a complete transformation and is on the hunt for a Maintenance Technician just as sharp as its brand-new look.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician / Handyperson to join our team and help ensure our hotel is in top condition for our guests. You will be responsible for responding to maintenance requests, carrying out preventative maintenance tasks, and maintaining accurate records. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and customer service skills, be able to use hand and power tools competently, and have an understanding of OH&S standards.
Sound like you? Throw your hat in the ring to make Rydges Melbourne the talk of the town.
Key Role & Responsibilities include:
- Respond to maintenance requests
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks
- Perform daily rounds and ensure building systems and assets are in working order
- Maintain accurate records
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Available to work weekends and rotating shifts
- Ability to prioritize and organise
- Clear thinking and problem-solving skills
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a maintenance or trade role
- Relevant tickets and licenses (e.g. EWP, test & tag)
- Plastering, painting and plumbing skills highly desirable
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.