Rydges Melbourne – Night Auditor
About the business
This is our flagship in the making; this is Rydges, reimagined. With a complete refurbishment of all 370 rooms, suites and apartments, signature restaurant and bar, eleven events spaces, a new rooftop terrace overlooking Her Majesty’s Theatre, interactive fitness centre and rooftop pool. The new Rydges Melbourne will offer unforgettable hospitality… Is your mind racing yet?
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Undergoing a complete transformation, the iconic Rydges Melbourne is reopening in late Autumn 2023 and is on the hunt for a Night Auditor just as sharp as its brand-new look.
Refreshingly local, we’re after a Night Auditor to ensure smooth auditing of the hotels finances and cashiering whilst maintaining world class customer service to all hotel guests. Sound like you? Throw your hat in the ring to make Rydges Melbourne the talk of the town. Your day-to-day will be to;
- To audit the day’s trading transactions & balance before posting
- Accurately complete accounting & reporting requirements as per the hotel’s policies & procedures
- Optimize profitability of operations and ensure all cashiering polices are followed
- To lead by example and ensure your team are impeccably groomed at all times
- To assist in the implementation of best practice and procedural operations
- Perform regular security and safety walk through the hotel to foresee any risks to staff or guests and assist with all hotel operational requirements to perfect the guest experience
- Being totally knowledgeable regarding current room rates; yield management strategies, promotions to educate your team and execute proficiently
- To anticipate and exceed our guest’s desires at all times
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to anticipate guests need and resolve all complaints in a timely manner
- Expert in Hotel Property Management System – Opera
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and public holidays as required
- Well presented with excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- Oversee the safety of all hotel guests, team members and hotel assets
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/