Rydges Newcastle – Chefs
Do you love to cook & create? Have passion, dedication & flair in abundance? Than we want to offer you the opportunity to join our talented kitchen team.
An exciting career opportunity exists at Rydges Newcastle for a full time and casual qualified Chefs. This role will suit an enthusiastic and motivated individual wishing to excel in the hospitality industry.
Rydges features 175 beautifully designed suites, 9 function rooms and a busy bar and restaurant. Located in the Honeysuckle precinct on Newcastle Harbour the hotel is a magnet for those seeking a diverse, seasonal and locally sourced menu.
You will epitomise the very essence of the kitchen. You are passionate about food, have strong communication and organisational abilities and are dedicated to providing a high level of product that the team can be proud of ensuring our guests enjoy a pleasurable and memorable culinary experience that will leave them wanting to come back, time and time again.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You love food. You love to cook
- Have attention to detail with finesse
- You like working in a fast paced kitchen environment
- You are enthusiastic
- You have a passionate work ethic
- You have an outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative
- You are creative, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are professional with a proactive approach and willingness to learn and develop
- Love a challenge
The role will entail but not limited to:
- Food preparation of the highest calibre
- Cooking delicious food and plate presentation
- Function, Breakfast and a la carte work for Lunch and Dinner
- Work with and coordinate the work of Apprentice Chefs in the preparation and production of food as required.
- Prepare mise en place as required.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair
- Ensure stock rotation and minimum wastage
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned.
- Complete food safety documentation
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Exceptional communication Skills
- Experience in a la carte dining or a large volume of banquets.
- A current and up-to-date food safety handling qualification
- Highly professional manner, grooming & hygiene
- Flexible and adaptable to the fast paced & dynamic hotel industry
- Flexibility and can work 7 day rotating roster including days, weekends, evenings and Public Holidays
- Diversity and can work Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Banquets shifts
- Possess a strong knowledge of food
- A team player with a positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Previous experience in a similar role for 12 months or more preferred
- You will have a vocational certificate in culinary skills or related field
In return we will offer:
- Work with EVT, a global company comprising of brands such as Event Cinemas, Thredbo Resort, Rydges Hotels, Atura Hotels and QT Hotels and Resorts.
- Learning & development opportunities and national career progression
- Access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people.
Boost your career today and email [email protected] or hit apply now.
For more information please go to www.rydges.com/newcastle