Rydges Newcastle – Chefs
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark too easy service.
About the role
Do you love to cook & create? Have passion, dedication & flair in abundance? Than we want to offer you the opportunity to join our talented kitchen team.
An exciting career opportunity exists at Rydges Newcastle for a casual qualified Chef. This role will suit an enthusiastic and motivated individual wishing to excel in the hospitality industry.
Rydges features 175 beautifully designed suites, 9 function rooms and a busy bar and restaurant. Located in the Honeysuckle precinct on Newcastle Harbour the hotel is a magnet for those seeking a diverse, seasonal and locally sourced menu.
You will epitomise the very essence of the kitchen. You are passionate about food, have strong communication and organisational abilities and are dedicated to providing a high level of product that the team can be proud of ensuring our guests enjoy a pleasurable and memorable culinary experience that will leave them wanting to come back, time and time again.
The role will entail but not limited to:
- Food preparation of the highest calibre
- Cooking delicious food and plate presentation
- Function, Breakfast and a la carte work for Lunch and Dinner
- Work with and coordinate the work of Apprentice Chefs in the preparation and production of food as required.
- Prepare mise en place as required.
- Prepare and present menu items showing variety and flair
- Ensure stock rotation and minimum wastage
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned.
- Complete food safety documentation
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional communication Skills
- Experience in a la carte dining or a large volume of banquets.
- A current and up-to-date food safety handling qualification
- Highly professional manner, grooming & hygiene
- Flexible and adaptable to the fast paced & dynamic hotel industry
- Flexibility and can work 7 day rotating roster including days, weekends, evenings and Public Holidays
- Diversity and can work Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Banquets shifts
- Possess a strong knowledge of food
- A team player with a positive & enthusiastic attitude
- Previous experience in a similar role for 12 months or more preferred
- You will have a vocational certificate in culinary skills or related field
- You love food. You love to cook
- Have attention to detail with finesse
- You like working in a fast paced kitchen environment
- You are enthusiastic
- You have a passionate work ethic
- You have an outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative
- You are creative, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are professional with a proactive approach and willingness to learn and develop
- Love a challenge
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.