Rydges Newcastle – Concierge
About the business
Rydges Newcastle has 175 well-appointed suites, located in the Honeysuckle precinct on Newcastle Harbour. Moments from the beach and the city’s most famous attractions, this amazing location makes our all-suite hotel the perfect Newcastle accommodation for couples, families, small groups and business travelers.
About the role
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, our Concierge are responsible for delivering exceptional, personalised customer service whilst enhancing the experience of our guests. You will know how to drive and park vehicles safely and efficiently, have knowledge of the local area, its attractions as well as be able to lift and move luggage and trolleys.
Duties of a Concierge include:
- Welcome guests and visitors to the Hotel, creating the ultimate guests experience from arrival through to departure
- Valet park guest vehicles safely and secure in the hotel car-parks
- Assist guests to and from rooms with luggage
- Deliver guest amenities timely and efficiently
- Assist guests with bookings for local attractions, restaurant and bars
- Assist our Food & Beverage team during busy periods
- Ensure the lobby and public areas remain clean and presentable at all times
- Complete daily checks and record consumption of in-room minibar
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A Full Drivers Licence and ability to drive manual preferred
- Competent with Word, Excel PowerPoint and software packages
- A passion for delivering amazing customer service
- A positive can do attitude and an electric personality
- Able to multi task and enjoy being busy
- Passionate about a career in hospitality
- Knowledge of the surrounding area
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and autonomously
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.