Rydges Newcastle – Housekeeping Room Attendant
About the business
Rydges Newcastle we are currently seeking motivated and experienced Casual Room Attendants to join our dynamic Housekeeping team.
About the role
This position offers you the opportunity to work in a truly unique property in an exceptional team environment that fosters training and development and career progression. Our room attendants are a key member of the Housekeeping team and is responsible for the cleaning operations of the hotel. We are currently seeking a reliable and experienced Room Attendant who takes pride in their work, has attention to detail and can deliver exceptional high standards.
Within this role, you will report directly to the Executive Housekeeping Manager and will be responsible for duties which include:
- Cleaning guest rooms; including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, floors, and corridors to the hotels high standards.
- Ensuring all rooms are fully stocked with guest amenities
- Ensuring towels and linen are refilled, replaced and stored correctly
- Report maintenance requirements
- Reporting any lost property following correct hotel procedures
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes ensuring safe work practices are maintained
- Ensuring all WH&S policies and procedures are followed
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience
- A friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to provide total customer satisfaction
- Initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers are positive and efficient
- A good eye for detail & previous cleaning, customer service or hospitality experience
- Excellent communication skills & a high standard of grooming and presentation
- The ability and flexibility to work in a 7 day rotating roster including weekends & Public Holidays
- Be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in the use of chemicals and cleaning equipment
- Have knowledge and understanding of basic hygiene requirements and safe working procedures
- Previous experience in a 4-star hotel establishment is desirable
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia
- A willingness to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/