Rydges Newcastle – Houseperson
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Newcastle
Join our dynamic team at Rydges Newcastle and be part of an exceptional hotel experience. Nestled in the heart of the city, our hotel offers a unique blend of modern luxury and warm hospitality. Now’s the time to elevate your career in the heart of Newcastle, make your move.
About the role
This position offers you the opportunity to work in a truly unique property in an exceptional team environment that fosters training and development and career progression. Our house person would be a key member of the Housekeeping team and is responsible for the cleaning and linen running operations of the hotel.
We are currently seeking a reliable candidate who takes pride in their work, has attention to detail and can deliver exceptional high standards.
Within this role, you will report directly to the Executive Housekeeping Manager and will be responsible for duties which include:
- Collects all linen and rubbish bags from all working floors and transfers to correct area for pickup or removal.
- Collects all guest laundry and dry cleaning.
- Anticipates and attends to the guest’s requests.
- Ensures all service areas are fully stocked, clean and tidy.
- Stores amenities and equipment in a tidy and accessible manner.
- Cleans and sanitisers public areas as requested.
- Reports equipment failures and maintenance needs directly to the Housekeeping Office or Manager on Duty.
- Greets Guests in a polite and courteous manner.
- Complies with all of the Hotel’s standard operational policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Handbook.
- Has a full knowledge of, and practices all of the Hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S).
- Carries out other duties as directed by the Executive Housekeeper
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A friendly, customer focused attitude with the drive to provide total customer satisfaction
- Initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers are positive and efficient
- A good eye for detail & previous cleaning, customer service or hospitality experience
- Excellent communication skills & a high standard of grooming and presentation
- The ability and flexibility to work in a 7 day rotating roster including nights, weekends & Public Holidays
- Be self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in the use of chemicals and cleaning equipment
- Have knowledge and understanding of basic hygiene requirements and safe working procedures
- Previous experience in a 4-star hotel establishment is desirable
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia
- A willingness to use initiative and strong problem solving skills
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.