Rydges Newcastle – Maintenance Manager
About the business
Rydges Newcastle has 175 well-appointed suites, located in the Honeysuckle precinct on Newcastle Harbour that is equipped with 9 flexible functions rooms. Located only moments from the beach and the city’s most famous attractions, our amazing position makes our all-suite hotel the perfect Newcastle accommodation for couples, families, groups, business travellers and is the ideal space for work or play. .
About the role
Rydges Newcastle is currently seeking a dedicated, hands on and self motivated Maintenance Manager to join our team.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and enjoy working in a professional environment, have great customer service skills, high operating standards with an exceptional eye for detail and the ability to work both unsupervised and in a team environment.
Reporting directly to the General Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Manage the overall maintenance of the hotel, including preventative maintenance, cost control & contractor liaison.
- Completing CAPEX submissions and overseeing all CAPEX works relating to the maintenance of the hotel.
- Recruiting, motivating and developing the engineering team.
- Leading a team to plan and carry out preventative maintenance and general repairs throughout the hotel to ensure standards are maintained for guest comfort.
- Manage the hotels WH&S responsibilities.
- Ensure the compliance of the hotel as it relates to essential services, fire, life and safety.
- Environmental and sustainability initiates and implementing solutions to improve energy management and conservation.
- Pool and grounds maintenance.
- Attend to the property after hours as required for any emergency maintenance matters.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience
- A trade qualification
- Experience with HVAC, equipment, including boilers, chillers, air handling units/controls, and refrigeration equipment.
- Experience with CMMS maintenance programs.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or Maintenance Manager in a 4 star hotel environment.
- A proven ability to proactively coach and guide team members.
- You must be a hands-on manager.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.