Rydges Newcastle – Restaurant Manager
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
We are in pursuit of an individual that will be the driving force behind a team that delivers exceptional experiences to our guests through attentive, genuine and passionate service.
You will be working closely with the Food and Beverage Manager, Executive Chef, Executive Assistant Manager and General Manager to ensure the highest level of service and guest satisfaction is achieved. You will foster a culture of positive leadership with a ‘hands on’ approach.
As Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Restaurant.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide a hands-on approach and assist with the coordinating and management of the overall food and beverage operation.
- Ensure Responsible Service of Alcohol policies are implemented and maintained.
- Maintain a high level of visibility, monitor service delivery whilst driving the operation.
- Ensure all tasks are completed to the required service standards.
- Lead, train, inspire and the supervision of food and beverage team members & supervisors ensuring they perform their duties and responsibilities to the standard requirements.
- Motivate the team to enhance performance and service standards, and to achieve business goals and financial budgets.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness throughout the restaurant and bar.
- Maintain wage costs to budget guidelines and drive customer spending above agreed targets.
- To work alongside management in monitoring the daily revenue analysis reports ensuring all revenues, covers and related statistics are accurate.
- To stay abreast of current market trends for wine and food to ensure the restaurant is at the forefront of hospitality.
- To identify areas of potential growth for the F&B Department and how the business can be improved.
- To participate in tasks and projects related to the management of the Food and Beverage departments.
- Ensure the effective management of OH&S compliance.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience at management level within a similar position with solid experience in restaurant and food and beverage operations.
- Flexibility to work a 7 day rotating roster including weekends and public holidays.
- Point of Sales systems and configurations experience.
- Leadership skills which inspire and engage your team to give their best.
- The ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- An outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative.
- You are totally into all things hospitality, food and beverage!!
- An strong eye for detail.
- Able to use your imagination and restaurant management skills to deliver exceptional customer service.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/