Rydges Norwest – Chefs (Demi Chef/Commis Chef)
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Norwest
Situated in the thriving business hub of Norwest Sydney, with extensive guest facilities and a focus on delivering exceptional local hospitality is Rydges Norwest Sydney. Explore endless career opportunities in this vibrant and dynamic work environment and be part of our Norwest success story.
About the role
- Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, we are seeking a talented & motivated Chefs who wants to be a part of a team that prioritises a harmonious & professional working environment & thrives on anticipating & attending to guests needs.
- Working in the main kitchen which services both the restaurant, in room dining & conferencing and events, the successful applicant can expect an engaging, clean & safe environment.
- The successful applicant will have an experience in a la carte dining, conference and assist in the running of the kitchen. At all times maintaining a clean & safe work area and ensuring that ones grooming & hygiene is of the highest standard.
- They will be knowledgeable & practice existing WHS guidelines & have a strong understanding of Food Safety, Food product & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Most of all, the successful candidate will have the ability to work in a positive team culture and continue to learn & deliver a high standard of food & dining on offer to our guests.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Passionate about great food and a la carte service experience, including experience on the grill
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Trade qualified and have previous experience in a similar role or environment.
- Ability to cope well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The role requires the ideal candidate to be available to work over varied shifts, including Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner and willing to work in a rotational weekly roster.
- Ability to learn and trained
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.