Rydges Norwest Sydney – Conference & Event Sales Coordinator
About the business
Rydges Norwest Sydney is located minutes from the Norwest Metro & directly off Windsor Road. The hotel offers 132 accommodation rooms, 7 function spaces and a restaurant/bar.
We are currently looking for an energetic and willing to learn Conference & Events Sales Coordinator to join our team.
From corporate events, formals, weddings and many other individually tailored events, you can be part of the sales journey.
Rydges is part of EVT Hotels & Resorts, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
This is a hotel based role responsible for providing high quality customer service and sales proposals for conference & events business.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Ability to provide fantastic customer service to all stakeholders.
- Maximise all conference and events revenue opportunities.
- Success in upselling, cross selling and value-adding to opportunities
- Obsessed with conversion and exceeding the sales and revenue targets for the hotels
- Highly focused on daily follow up, showing high attention to detail in order to convert business
This position is based at Rydges Norwest Sydney.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- A high degree of personal skills, accuracy and attention to detail, along with a positive attitude
- Highly developed and polished verbal and written skills
- Have exceptional time management skills
- Previous experience in an event sales role is preferred