Rydges Norwest Sydney – Guest Services Agent
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the role of the Guest Services Agent involves creating a memorable experience for our guests. The role is diverse and empowering in the fact that it offers both face-to-face time with every guest, detailed tasks and being part of an amazing fun-loving team.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Would be good to have a valid First Aid Certificate and RSA, but we can set you up too.
- Know when to do what and be a master of multitasking.
- Build a relationship with anyone coming through the door from guest, supplier or your fellow superstar
- Look great at all times in your new uniform
- Be detailed, genuine and real
- Be flexible
- Have a glimmer in your eyes and a bounce in your step!
- Be empowered by being the first point of contact
- Ensuring immaculate presentation of hotel entry and reception
- Impeccable level of personal presentation.
- Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
- High level of planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst prioritizing and managing time to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Resilient, with the ability to achieve and excel under pressure
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- You are able to work shift work which involves various shifts including Evenings, Weekends and Public Holidays.
- Knowledge of the Opera Property Management system preferred but not essential.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.