Rydges Norwest Sydney – Maintenance Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Norwest
Situated in the thriving business hub of Norwest Sydney, with extensive guest facilities and a focus on delivering exceptional local hospitality is Rydges Norwest Sydney. Explore endless career opportunities in this vibrant and dynamic work environment and be part of our Norwest success story.
About the role
As the Hotel Maintenance Manager your job will be to ensure that all hotel property and it’s assets are fully operational as well as managing the legislative compliance of all hotel facilities.
- Oversee the maintenance of all areas of the hotel, including guest rooms, public areas, and back of house areas
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure that all equipment and facilities are well-maintained and in good working order
- Responsible for managing all aspects of contractors being on site.
- Schedule and coordinate repairs and maintenance work, ensuring that all work is completed within the agreed timeframe and budget
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance work carried out, including repairs, inspections, and preventive maintenance activities
- Conduct regular inspections of the hotel’s facilities and equipment to identify any potential issues and ensure that they are addressed promptly
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations and guidelines, and implement appropriate measures to ensure the safety of guests and staff
- Management of AFSS compliance and all aspects of building fire safety and management of fire safety contractors.
- Work closely with other departments, including housekeeping, front office, and food and beverage, to ensure that all maintenance needs are met and that guest satisfaction is maintained.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- At least 2 years of experience in hotel maintenance management or similar, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong technical knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and address issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience in all aspects of fire safety compliance and AFSS submission.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.