Rydges Norwest Sydney – Maintenance Manager
About the Business
Rydges Norwest Sydney located minutes from the Norwest Metro & directly off Windsor Road offers 132 accommodation rooms, 7 Function spaces and a 80 seat restaurant.
The Hotel caters to both intimate dining experiences, corporate events, formals, weddings & many other individually tailored events.
Located in the Norwest Business park, the hotel has easy accessibility from both the M2 and M4 as well as offering complimentary parking for all guests and staff.
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
As the Hotel Maintenance Manager your job will be to ensure that all hotel property and it’s assets are fully operational as well as managing the legislative compliance of all hotel facilities .
About the Role
- Oversee the maintenance of all areas of the hotel, including guest rooms, public areas, and back of house areas
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure that all equipment and facilities are well-maintained and in good working order
- Responsible for managing all aspects of contractors being on site.
- Schedule and coordinate repairs and maintenance work, ensuring that all work is completed within the agreed timeframe and budget
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance work carried out, including repairs, inspections, and preventive maintenance activities
- Conduct regular inspections of the hotel’s facilities and equipment to identify any potential issues and ensure that they are addressed promptly
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations and guidelines, and implement appropriate measures to ensure the safety of guests and staff
- Management of AFSS compliance and all aspects of building fire safety and management of fire safety contractors.
- Work closely with other departments, including housekeeping, front office, and food and beverage, to ensure that all maintenance needs are met and that guest satisfaction is maintained.
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in hotel maintenance management or similar, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong technical knowledge of building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and address issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience in all aspects of fire safety compliance and AFSS submission.