Culinary | Listed 01 March
Rydges Palmerston – Chef de Partie
Rydges Palmerston is a 200 room hotel which caters for our A la Carte Restaurant, Madame Za, a 100 seat venue in addition to regular conferencing and events via our 300 seat Palm Ballroom, In-Room dining, Bar Snacks and FIFO contract meals.
We are currently recruiting casual / part-time Position as Chef De Partie.
About the role
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times
- Demonstrate responsibility, management and ownership of your assigned Kitchen section
- Ensure all food production is in line with hotel standards
- Experience with FIFO catering and bulk kitchen is desired.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of quality, well-presented food to our customers
- Demonstrate a working understanding of food, hygiene and safety principles, ensuring compliance at all times
- Meet all hygiene and WHS requirements
- Experience in Asian style cuisine preferred but not essential
Skills and experience
- Hands on approach to your work
- It is essential that you have at minimum a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery for the Chef Roles.
- Experience with working in bulk kitchen and catering services.
- Fluent in the English language in order to communicate professionally with guests and team members, both in person and over the telephone
- A passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and conflict, and work effectively under pressure
- Well-presented and calm personality
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and details to [email protected]