Rydges Palmerston – Conference & Events Coordinator
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
Working alongside the Sales & Marketing Manager you will be responsible for a range of tasks including:
– Receiving & coordinating quotes for reactive conference enquiries.
– Conduct site inspections and meet with clients to discuss their requirements.
– Conference & event management of day meetings from quotation stage through until event day.
– Responsible for updating and communicating with all departments within the hotel regarding all events.
– You will be joining our team and will have an opportunity to share ideas and plan our special events to make them better every year.
The role is fairly broad and certainly does include its fair share of ‘Hands On’ work to ensure our events are properly set and they run smoothly.
As a member of our Food & Beverage team there are also a range of admin tasks which need to be covered such as assisting the Restaurant with the creation of menus & promotional material.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
– Previous Food and Beverage experience is a must.
– Ideally you have already worked in a hotel environment and have worked in Banquets/Conference departments so you have that operational knowledge required to know how an event should run.
– You need to be a great communicator and have an ability to explain the “why” to our guests/clients when you need to suggest a change.
– You must be organised, have excellent attention to detail and have a good grasp on time management.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.