Rydges Palmerston – Food & Beverage Supervisor
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Madame Za Restaurant is looking for flexible and seasoned food and beverage staff to join the fast-paced energetic team.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic ‘hands-on’ leader who is up for the challenge of guiding and supporting a strong food and beverage team to build on a growing reputation and achieve excellence in service standards by leading from the front.
Your positive energy will be easy to see and will be complemented by confident communication skills and polished personal presentation.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Access to Event staff benefits, including heavily discounted movie tickets at Event Cinemas and discounted accommodation at affiliated hotels.
- Work as part of a team in one of the Top End’s up-and-coming restaurants, fast gaining a great reputation for quality food and service.
- Madame Za is located in Rydges Palmerston a 4-star hotel with a poolside bar and restaurant and wide-ranging conferencing and events capabilities.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills and experience
- Strong food and beverage knowledge – including but not limited to – Asian cuisine, steak, superior beer, wine, cocktail, and spirits knowledge, and coffee skills will be highly regarded
- Passion for exceptional service standards and a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to nurture and develop junior staff, produce performance plans, and coach & mentor
- Strong, positive and constructive communicator
- Good knowledge of all operations within a hotel setting and functions and events experience will be highly regarded
- Impeccable presentation and hygiene practices
- Current RSA
- Adhering to implemented COVID-19 Safety Plan
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/