Rydges Palmerston – Front Office Assistant Manager
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the role
- Manager on Duty when rostered, departmental rosters, comprehensive handovers & accurate statistical records are kept and maintained.
- You will also work towards ensuring that the average rate and occupancy is maximised along with best practice in yield management while offering the guest best market value.
- Must be fully conversant with the hotel computer system in all aspects.
- To consistently deliver products and services to meet the service standards and expectations of guests.
- To achieve a reputation as the market leader in accommodation, products and service.
- To conduct 6 month probationary period evaluation.
- To ensure department inductions for new staff are completed.
Benefits & perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience in a similar role or ready to step up into a challenge.
- A career minded hospitality professional
- Motivated and with a positive attitude
- Good decision-making and commercial savvy
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.