Rydges Palmerston – Front Office Duty Manager
About the business
Rydges Palmerston is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
Our Duty Manager’s position is ideally suited to a natural leader who has a keen eye for detail and the ability to drive service at every level. This position will play a key role in the Front Office where you will have the ability to work closely with The Front Office Manager to implement and maintain a high standard of customer service in all areas of our operation.
- Work various shifts which includes working evenings and weekends
- Provide five star customer service in a busy working environment
- Have excellent communication skills with guests, management and team members
- Assist in the management of all departments while on shift
- Have excellent personal presentation
- Monitor hotel presentation and staff grooming whilst on shift
- Be one step ahead of the guest, knowing what they need before having to ask
- Be extremely team orientated
- Have an eye for detail
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience in a similar role, within a 4 or 5 star environment
- Must have a strong hotel management background with exposure good knowledge of reservations, accounts, complaint handling & problem solving.
- Experience using Opera PMS is necessary.
- Proven background in front desk and reservation operations
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/