Rydges Palmerston – Handyperson
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Work for Palmerston’s newest hotel, accommodating both leisure and corporate clients with selection of 200 rooms, one, two and three bedroom apartments and suites.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Officer to Join our team.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience in a similar role is preferred. i.e. hotels, accommodation etc.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager to manage our preventative maintenance program.
- Technical and manual skills to ensure maintenance standards are operating to their highest level.
- Ability to prioritize multiple task requests and work autonomously
- Plan and oversee all repair, maintenance and installation activities.
- Maintain effective working relationships with maintenance contractors and suppliers.
- Carry out inspections of facilities
- Monitor equipment inventory
- Provide feedback and re-training for all employees as necessary.
- Help develop and review maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Work closely with the other departments to achieve high quality service, presentation and delivery to guests.
- Ensure work, health and safety policies are complied.
- Upkeep and maintenance of safety equipment and service as per requirement.
- Strong communication skill.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/