Rydges Palmerston – Room Attendant
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Palmerston is a 200 room hotel located just 15 minutes from Darwin City in the heart of Palmerston.
About the role
We are delighted to accept applications for an energetic, attentive and passionate Housekeeping professional to ensure the cleanliness and presentation at the hotel is maintained.
Rydges will provide all the basic training and knowledge for the role but we need you to have high levels of motivation and preferably some background knowledge or experience in a similar role.
The successful applicants will report to Housekeeping Supervisor for daily tasks and will be responsible for the cleanliness and presentation of the guest rooms and public areas of the Hotel.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Possess a keen eye for detail and have impeccable cleaning standards
- Previous experience as a Public Areas cleaner or Room Attendant
- Has some problem solving abilities and knowledge of cleaning chemicals
- Work well under pressure and consistently uphold a calm and professional demeanor even when under pressure
- Immaculate presentation and grooming
- Availability to work on rotating shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Availability to work some nights including between 10pm and 9am.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/