Rydges Parramatta – Sous Chef
Rydges Parramatta is a 151 room 4½ star hotel located just minutes from the Parramatta CBD. The hotel boasts 2 restaurants, 2 Bars and 15 conference spaces. Just across the road from Rosehill Racecourse, the venue hosts major events for race days including Golden Eagle, Golden Slipper and Girl’s Day Out.
Rydges is part of EVENT Hospitality and Entertainment, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia and New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each of our hotels is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nuture talent and promote internally.
Qualifications & experience
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and flexibility with hours
- Previous Chef experience, ideally in a restaurant environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including written and spoken English
- Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure kitchen environment whilst leading a team in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere
Tasks & responsibilities
We are seeking Chefs of all level to join our team. We are looking to enhance our culinary offering and mentor a team of chefs to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Train, manage and provide leadership to the kitchen brigade
- Menu Engineering and Creation with a focus on COGs and sustainability
- Manage rosters and payroll
- Liaise with other hotel departments to ensure exceptional guest experiences
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and presentation, keeping all work areas both front of house and back of house clean and in working order
Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
$2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.