Rydges Pit Lane – Commis Chef / Qualified Cook
About the business
The Bend Motorsport Park is a world-class facility, boasting the 2nd largest track in the world! In addition it offers karting, rally driving, 4W-driving, accommodation at Big4 and Rydges Pit Lane and is adding the state of the art, purpose-built Dragway in May 2023. Located in Tailem Bend, it is a paradise for high octane thrill seekers. VROOOOMMMM
We are on the hunt for engaged Commis Chef or Qualified Cook to be part of the a team that brings to live the Dragway catering, major events including V8 Supercars, Shannon’s Nationals, Top Fuel & ASBK, as well as looks after hotel guests in Apex Bar X Dining a la carte restaurant and substantial conference.
Rydges Pit Lane is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
About the role
Due to continued business growth we are seeking a passionate, dynamic and experienced Chefs to join our brigade & have the opportunity to work alongside our area team. At Rydges Pit Lane, our Food and Beverage team is responsible for delivering services 7 days a week and are able to offer shifts across breakfast, lunch and dinner, including buffet breakfast, a-la-carte restaurant and bar menus along with functions and events ranging from 5 people up to 1,000s.
Benefits and perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Hygiene & food safe conscious
- Fluent verbal & written English
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to plan, prioritise & make decisions effectively
- A passion for food & exceeding guests expectations
- Can handle pressure with panache
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- A passionate work ethic
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude and loads of initiative
- Creative, with spirit
- A professional with a proactive approach and willingness to learn and develop
- Sense of humour
- Hold a current and up-to-date food safety handling qualification
- Flexibility and can work 7 day rotating roster including days, weekends, evenings and Public Holidays
- Diversity and can work Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Banquets shifts
- A team player with a positive & enthusiastic attitude
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/