Rydges Port Macquarie – Conference & Events Operations Manager
About the business
Start your days overlooking the Hastings River in one of the busiest regions in NSW! We are looking for a food and beverage champion with a passion for all things events. Rydges Port Macquarie caters to small events up to a few hundred, from weddings to corporate meetings and everything in between. We love what we do and take great pride in delivering great experiences to our guests. This is a fast paced environment and we are looking for someone with great skills, but also a great big personality and passion for service.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate professional with:
- Attention to detail with the ability to work to high quality, measured standards.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of all conferencing, weddings and events within the hotel.
- Ensure that all functions are set as stated in floorplans and packing up of setups
- Evening and daytime hours available.
- A focus and ability to consistently deliver a great customer experience.
- Looking to grow and progress your career within a reputable company.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience in food and beverage with events a must
- Great customer service
- Professional presentation
- Punctual and reliable
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/