Rydges Port Macquarie – Food & Beverage Manager
About the business
Looking for a Sea Change, bring your solid F&B leadership skills to Port Macquarie.
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
At Rydges Port Macquarie, we have the front of house team, the chef leadership, so all we need now is the F&B leader to bring it all together and drive us to the next level. Major investment underway to transform our hotel to a first class product, and the next step will be the heart and soul of the hotel, the food and beverage operations.
Come join us on what will be an exciting and rewarding journey.
Rydges Port Macquarie is an iconic Hotel and event venue located on the foreshore of the stunning Hastings River. With a seriously fun bar, waterfront restaurant and events venue like no other, we are a popular dining and social destination for tourists and locals. All our Food and Beverage operations face the Hastings river and compromise:
- 80 seat restaurant including a Private dining room
- 80 seat cocktail and tapas bar
- Conference and Events Venue doing social and corporate events
About the role
- You will be the face and personality of our team, set the standards and lead the team.
- Provide a hands-on approach to the coordination and management of the overall Food and Beverage operation, having responsibility and accountability for every aspect of the Hotel’s Food and Beverage outlets.
- Manage the Food and Beverage department as your own business which is an integral part of the entire hotel working towards the hotels goals
- Foster a great team culture of hard working hospitality professionals
- Align your department with Event’s Vision, Purpose, Goals and Values
- Ensure our guests have an amazing and unforgettable experience no matter what time, day or how they are with us!
- You will need to have experience as a manager of a food and beverage venue, or conference and events venue of similar capacity
- You’ll have keen attention to detail and have pride in our venues to ensure they are at their best every day
- You’ll have a passion for providing a great food and beverage experience and keeping up with industry trends
- You will have financial acumen and understand driving revenue in all outlets for the end goal of achieving industry leading profit lines
- You have passion for delivering a great dining experience, and know it’s more than just the food on the plate or the wine in the glass
- You are all about team, a trainer, a guide and a mentor.
Benefits and Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Please email your resume to [email protected]