Rydges Port Macquarie – Front Office Manager
About the business
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Tired of the long commute, escape the rat race and still keep your career on track. The Rydges community pride themselves on creating a truly local experience for our guests. From the best hidden bars to the locals only beaches, we know all the secrets (and we love sharing them with our guests)!
When you become part of the Rydges Port Macquarie family every day is an adventure. We knit together stunning views in our hotel rooms and tantalizingly good food with superlative service. Our hotel sits right on the Hastings river, in the center of town – a short walk to Port Central, numerous delicious eateries and the coastal beach walking track leading to several stunning beaches.
We are seeking a Front Office Manager, someone to support an awesome team and be the glue that keeps it all together. Applications from Assistant Front Office Managers ready for the next step are encouraged.
The Hotel is on the verge of some major transformation so come and be a part of the next exciting chapter.
About the role
You will report to the Operations Manager and duties include:
- Passionate about guest service and providing a great experience, no matter what
- Attention to detail and creatively minded to making memorable moments
- Hunger toward achieving targets and driving revenue
- Strong knowledge of Opera both for front desk operations and reservations management
- Previous experience as a Front Office Leader required.
- Great leadership skills and ability to foster trust and respect amongst your team
- A view to the future and someone pushing to lead a hotel
Skills and experience
- Excellent customer relations, problem solving, communication and administrative skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to take initiative, prioritise and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of a hotel property management system such as Opera or Fidelio is essential
Benefits and perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you feel you are the right person for this exciting yet challenging position, please forward your resume and cover letter to the Operations Manager via email: [email protected]
Only successful applicants will be contacted.