Rydges Resort Hunter Valley – Conference & Events Operations Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Resort Hunter Valley
Surrounded by lush vineyards and scenic beauty, Rydges Resort Hunter Valley offers an unforgettable workplace experience. Complete with a range of amazing facilities including a ferris Wheel, brewery, waterpark, and 18-hole golf course, join the team that keeps it all humming in the heart of wine country.
About the role
As an integral member of the Food & Beverage leadership team, this role will be responsible for the strategic direction and leading the successful operations of the Conference & Events team. This is a role suited to a person with a can-do attitude, keen eye for detail and an ability to lead, develop and motivate a large team. Experience in a similar management role in operations is preferred, while a love for hospitality and a passion for providing excellent service to our guests is a must! The successful candidate will have the availability to predominately work pm shifts, including weekends, but also have the ability to work shifts throughout the week if necessary.
- Ensure team members have the tools, training, and equipment to carry out tasks.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels based on guest volume.
- Establish a sustainable onboarding and training plan for new team members and supervisors.
- In the pre-event planning process, consult with the meeting planners to identify optimal meeting room configuration, recommendation on meeting/break flow, menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. to improve meeting efficiency and productivity.
- Arrange all details of meetings and conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audiovisual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, transportation, billing instructions and VIP services.
- Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meetings with clients and catering staff to determine· potential enhancements to the guest experience.
- Complete forecasts, plans, and productivity reports for management.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans.
- Monitor budget and upsell products and services while minimising waste to increase revenue.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar operational manager role in Food and Beverage
- Experience working in fast paced, high volume C&E operations
- Proven ability to manage a large operational team
- Demonstrated experience in rostering, ordering and stock control based on levels of business
- High level administrative skills with the financial analytical abilities
- Knowledge of AV equipment and being generally IT savvy advantageous to support the in-house AV team.
- Highly motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships while driving employee engagement and development
- Excellent personal presentation and a high level of professionalism
- Outstanding customer service
- Enthusiasm, friendly nature and goal orientated
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and adapt to operations
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.