Rydges Resort Hunter Valley – Duty Manager
About the Business
Rydges Resort Hunter Valley is part of EVT (Entertainment, Ventures, Travel), a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia and New Zealand.
Our venues stretch from Perth to Sydney to Queenstown with each venue locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better, we include, we nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges Resort Hunter Valley is a premier resort and is a sprawling playground in the heart of wine country, where’s there’s something special for everyone.
We are looking for someone with a big personality that can have fun with, and entertain our guests. The candidate will ideally also have an exceptional passion for hotels and hospitality and be hungry for experience that will further their career within the hotel and company.
About the Role
We are seeking Hotel Duty Manager applications for a full-time position, with the flexibility to work all shifts over a 7-day roster. The role will coordinate and oversee the running of the hotel in the absence of senior management, assisting with the operations of Front Office & Concierge, monitoring hotel security and maximising the profitability of operations.
- Ensure staff comply with all hotel standards, policies and procedures
- Coordinate group arrivals and ensure preparations are made for VIPs and return guests
- Provide clear concise communication to all departments within the hotel
- Handle customer complaints, issues and incidents occurring within the hotel or affecting hotel guests
- Coordinate and respond to guest requests in a timely manner
- Lead by example and provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Drive incentive programs to maximise revenue
- Assist in the hotel’s food and beverage outlets where required
- Assist Concierge with guest pick up and drop off to outside villas and luggage drops & pickups
- Manage emergency situations and give first response to medical situations
- Undertake regular security inspections of the hotel premises
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a hotel supervisory or management role
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and train staff
- Proficiency in OPERA or similar systems
- Cash handling and processing of financial transactions
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Professionalism, time management and organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming standards
- Drivers licence to operate hotel buggies
- Applicable NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification
Benefits and Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- Up to 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
For further information about Rydges Resort Hunter Valley check out our website at www.rydges.com/hunter valley and for further information about EVT please visit www.evt.com.