Rydges Resort Hunter Valley – Food & Beverage Supervisor
About the Business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Resort Hunter Valley is currently seeking a hands-on Food & Beverage Supervisor to lead our team of enthusiastic team members.
Rydges Resort Hunter Valley is a premier resort and is a sprawling playground in the heart of wine country, where there’s something special for everyone.
We are looking for someone with a big personality that can have fun with, and entertain our guests. The candidate will ideally also have a passion for hotels and hospitality and be hungry for experience that will further their career within the company.
About the role
Reporting to the outlet manager this is a full-time role for an industry professional seeking their next challenge and career progression within a high paced hotel environment.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operation of our signature Restaurant Redsalt; our a la carte restaurant showcases the finest local produce, perfectly paired with an extensive list of Hunter Valley wines for unparalleled taste experiences for both our local and in-house guests.
We pride ourselves on our culinary ‘behind the vines’ ethos, supporting local farmers and wineries. Enjoy wine fresh from the local vineyards and experience the sweet taste of our very own honey with a variety of devilishly tempting desserts.
- Training colleagues in quality and service standards, ensuring they have the necessary tools and equipment to perform their roles
- Assigning shift responsibilities to colleagues and running briefings
- Ensuring a high standard of food quality and presentation is being delivered to every guest
- Greeting guests upon arrival and personally making the time to interact effectively with guests
- Onboarding new colleagues
- Maintain an effective reservations system for table bookings.
- Ensure all cashiering policies and procedures are followed.
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the established hotel occupational health and safety guidelines (WH&S)
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment in conjunction with the Assistant Chief Engineer & Director of Engineering
- Organise employment rosters according to established hotel guidelines.
- Ensure all possible controls are in place to deter any cash or stock losses.
- Maintain safe environmental practices.
- Give assistance to other departments or outlets when required.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Director of Food & Beverage and Hotel Manager.
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/