Rydges Resort Hunter Valley – Handyperson
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Resort Hunter Valley
Surrounded by lush vineyards and scenic beauty, Rydges Resort Hunter Valley offers an unforgettable workplace experience. Complete with a range of amazing facilities including a ferris Wheel, brewery, waterpark, and 18-hole golf course, join the team that keeps it all humming in the heart of wine country.
About the role
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Engineer, this role will contribute to the maintenance of the building, plant, equipment, fixtures and fittings around the Resort.
Keeping our hotel looking great is vital to our guest’s experience as a Handyperson you’ll keep everything looking sharp and fresh. From simple touch ups to assisting on hotel maintenance projects, we’re looking for someone who will take ownership and pride in their work, can apply themselves to any task, and has a good eye for detail. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with dedication and pride. Take advantage of working in a permanent capacity with set hours and being a part of a great team!
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Experience as a handyperson
- Highly advantageous – Consistent professional history of working in a hotel/resort environment or similar environments
- Is computer literate as will need to use our Preventative Maintenance Management System online
- Ability to communicate with people across all departments both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards
- Excellent organisational skills and grooming standards
- Availability to work a 7-day roster which includes some evenings, weekends and public holidays & late finishes (7:00pm)
- A valid NSW driver’s license with an unblemished driving record to operate hotel vehicles
- Full Australian working rights (no sponsorships will be offered)
- Ensuring that all relevant laws and regulations are upheld and Work Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times
- Team Player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Display a high level of professionalism whilst on duty
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.