Rydges Resort Hunter Valley – Sous Chef (Lovedale Bar & Grill)
About the Business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Resort Hunter Valley is currently seeking a Sous Chef to lead our Lovedale Bar + Grill Kitchen brigade.
Lovedale Bar & Grill serves up everything from pizzas to craft beer paddles. And for quick convenience or on-the-go snacks.
Rydges Resort Hunter Valley is a premier resort and is a sprawling playground in the heart of wine country, where there’s something special for everyone.
About the role
In conjunction with the Head Chef, manages all aspects of the Kitchen Operation in Lovedale Bar + Grill kitchen and from time to time may include our multifaceted kitchens with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, staff training and development, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets customer’s expectations.
This is a full-time role for passionate chef seeking their next challenge and career progression within a high paced hotel environment.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions
- Partner with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef & Head Chef to ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to in accordance with hotel standards and ensure guests receive a level of service and product that consistently meets and exceeds their expectations.
- Support with the leading, training and motivation of your team
- Drive effective staff management and labour costs
- Produce and maintain exceptional quality food in Lovedale Bar + Grill
- Work closely with the Head Chef in achieving core venue targets and goals
- Maintain food safety and hygiene practices
- Ability to co-create creative and cost effective menus that appeal to a wide audience
- Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment in conjunction with the Assistant Chief Engineer and Director of Engineering.
Skills & experience
- Great attention to detail and passionate in what you do
- Experience in working in fast paced kitchens
- Proven success in managing junior staff & leading a team
- Understanding of food cost and production
- Available to work a rotating roster including evenings and weekends & public holidays
- Understanding of kitchen hygiene and safety procedures
- Trade cooking qualifications are essential
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the established hotel occupational health and safety guidelines (WH&S)
- You must meet the requirements to work in Australia to be considered
Benefits & Perks
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/