Rydges Sails Port Macquarie – Front Office Duty Manager
About the business
Sails is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Sails is nestled within beautiful Port Macquarie. The resort is located on the waterfront with stunning views of the river & marina. We are renowned for being the premier location on the mid north coast & Australia wide for holiday makers, weddings and conferencing/events due to our convenient location, fantastic service and picturesque views. Furthermore, the resort is home to the Boathouse Bar & Restaurant which delivers hand-crafted cuisine with a modern-fusion twist. When we aren’t busy with delivering fantastic service, we are helping guests enjoy our many facilities on-site. These include a swimming pool and spa overlooking Hastings river and nearby mangrove island, on-site tennis court, water sports activities including stand-up paddle boards/kayaks plus much more!
About the role
We are currently seeking a Front Office Duty Manager for a new position which has been created within the hotel.
A snapshot of the responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to support daily operations. This includes housekeeping, restaurant/kitchen, front office reception, conference/events & management.
- Welcoming guests into the hotel & completing checking in/out procedures.
- Ensure smooth running of daily tasks including hotel arrivals, following up open accounts from guests and processing payments.
- Diplomatically manage feedback and provide client-centered resolutions for all guests.
- Editing hotel bookings from third-party sources, direct bookings from phone and e-mail enquiries.
- Ensuring compliance by following all standards, procedures & hotel information to proactively monitor for consistency with service delivery, operations and bookings.
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to ensure that guests have the best possible experience with making a booking, staying at the hotel and aftercare with enquires upon checkout.
- Able to communicate effectively and diplomatically.
- Ability to work independently and part of a large team; whilst staying proactive with shift tasks and duties.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to ask for assistance when required.
- Previous experience working within Hotels or Resorts
- Previous experience working with OPERA (desirable but not essential).
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.