Rydges Sails Port Macquarie Resort – Executive Chef
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges Sails Port Macquarie Resort
A stylish and contemporary designed hotel, inspired by its breathtaking bayside location, Sails Port Macquarie by Rydges offers guests all of the local coastal life essentials. Now’s the time to elevate your career in seaside style and be part of the passionate team that keeps everything humming at this picturesque hotel.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef to lead our amazing team. We are looking for someone to put their stamp on our food offering and make it their own. The role is a mix of hands on as well as organizing and planning the operations in both our Boathouse Restaurant and Conference & Events spaces. We need a solid planner and mentor who still loves to be on the tools.
Key responsibilities :
- Supervising kitchen operations effectively and to a high standard while meeting labor targets;
- Assisting in ensuring customer service standards are met in all areas of the venue;
- Liaising closely with senior management team
- Events prep and service
- Restaurant prep and restaurant service where trade demands
- Checking online systems for bookings and event updates
- Coordinating face to face with our onsite sales team
- Ordering, preparing & serving catering to specified run sheets per event using
- Setting standard recipes and guidelines
- Rostering for efficient staffing
- Maintain a clean and hygenic working environment inline with house policies and haccup and safe work practices
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Minimum formal qualification plus at least 2 years al a carte and 2 years event focus in a leadership/mentorship role
- Ability to work in multiple departments and multitask
- Ability to work autonomously to deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in duties – may be on the line. Function prep. Or running event depending on trade requirements
- Experience in both corporate and social events from 10pax up to 300 pax
- Proven ability to coordinate and execute large events leading a small kitchen team
- Ability to adapt to last minute changes and fluctuations
- Knowledge of efficient cost control and wage management
- Knowledge of rostering and team management
- Proven well costed menu crafter
- Proven ability to mentor and motivate a team
- A positive & energetic attitude;
- Must hold Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.