Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Breakfast Supervisor
About the Business
Rydges South Bank is part of Event Hospitality and Entertainment, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia and New Zealand. Our venues stretch from Perth to Sydney to Queenstown with each venue locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better, we include, we nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges South Bank is a highly-regarded 4.5 star, award-winning hotel boasting 304 rooms and suites, multiple food and beverage outlets, and conferencing facilities. The hotel is located on Grey Street in South Bank neighbouring the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Our core values are Empowerment, Possibilities and Community. These pillars form the foundation of our purpose, which is to make each day better for our customers, our team, the community and… ourselves!
About the Role
The Breakfast Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the team are functioning at their best to deliver high quality service, exceptional results, and a positive brand image for the breakfast restaurant and wider hotel at all times.
The successful candidate will certainly be a “Morning Person”, bright and bubbly every day as the face of the hotel. With a minimum of 12 months’ experience running & supervising a café and exceptional customer focus, you will be passionate about building a friendly and welcoming experience for guests while delivering exceptional coffee, meals and service.
This permanent part-time position reports to the Restaurant Manager and works in partnership with a full-time Supervisor to cover a 7-day roster, including rotating weekends and public holidays supervising a team of 3 to 6 people. As a part-time role, there is a guaranteed minimum 12 hours per week, with rostered shifts 5:30am – 1:30pm.
- Opening, closing, cashiering & reporting processes
- Cleaning & setting restaurant for next service
- Supervise and lead an enthusiastic and motivated team
- Be proactive in making changes and improving the Breakfast service
- Be knowledgeable in regard to hotel products and services
- Provide outstanding service to guests at all times
- Assist in the training and development of staff
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in fast paced, high volume F&B venues
- Highly motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with rostering, ordering and stock control
- Coffee-making skills
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Excellent personal presentation and a high level of professionalism
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
Benefits and Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
For further information about Rydges South Bank check out our website at www.rydges.com/southbank and for further information about Event Hospitality and Entertainment please visit www.evt.com.