Bacchus Restaurant & Bar – Chef de Partie / Demi Chef
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Level up your career with the best in Brisbane hospitality. Rydges South Bank is located in the heart of Brisbane’s arts and entertainment precinct, offering a variety of rooms, with state-of-the-art features, and fantastic amenities, including Soleil Pool Bar and the award-winning Bacchus Restaurant onsite. We can’t wait to hear from you!
About the role
We have incredible full-time & part time positions for Commis Chefs, Demi Chef’s & Chef De Partie’s to join our a la Carte / C&E Kitchen team’s.
The successful candidates will have a passion for delivering high quality products and experiences for our guests, has excellent communications skills, and is a team player who leads by example with a positive attitude.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present menu items at a high level while maintaining excellent presentation standards.
- Produce items within the cost margins specified.
- Assist with menu preparation and ensure adequate supplies are available for service.
- Follow food hygiene and health and safety procedures.
- Liaise with front of house staff regarding the availability of menu items, additions to the menu and any relevant changes.
- Supervise the kitchen in the absence of more senior chefs, delegating duties and responsibilities when necessary.
- Work with and coordinate the work of Apprentices.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy, while liaising with the stewarding team
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, serviced and cleaned.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Completion of cookery apprenticeship
- Previous experience in a hotel environment.
- Advanced culinary skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in all sections of the kitchen
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Attention to detail.
- An overall desire to create and serve beautiful cuisine
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.