Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Chief Kitchen Steward
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Level up your career with the best in Brisbane hospitality. Rydges South Bank is located in the heart of Brisbane’s arts and entertainment precinct, offering a variety of rooms, with state-of-the-art features, and fantastic amenities, including Soleil Pool Bar and the award-winning Bacchus Restaurant onsite. We can’t wait to hear from you!
About the role
We are currently seeking a motivated Chief Steward on a full-time basis to support and supervise the Kitchen Steward team and our multifaceted kitchen operations. Reporting to the Executive & Executive Sous Chef, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising, coordinating, rostering and training the Kitchen Stewards, be a Kitchen HACCP and WHS champion to maintain compliance, while also providing general cleaning duties ensuring hygienic and sanitary conditions throughout all food preparation areas and equipment. This is a hands on role
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience in a Chief Stewarding or similar leadership position is a must.
- Previous Hotel experience is essential.
- Previous experience and ability to lead, manage and train staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP and WHS requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with an energetic and positive approach
- Focus on attention to detail with a meticulous attitude for cleanliness and quality
- Strong organizational skills in maximizing efficiency
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
- Willingness to be hands on. This is not an office role.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.