Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Conference & Events Operations Assistant Manager
About the Business
Rydges South Bank is part of EVT (Entertain, Ventures & Travel) Group, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia and New Zealand. Our venues stretch from Perth to Sydney to Queenstown with each venue locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better, we include, we nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges South Bank is a highly-regarded 4.5 star, award-winning hotel boasting 304 rooms and suites, multiple food and beverage outlets, and conferencing facilities. The hotel is located on Grey Street in South Bank neighbouring the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Our core values are Empowerment, Possibilities and Community. These pillars form the foundation of our purpose, which is to make each day better for our customers, our team, the community and… ourselves!
About the Role
As an integral member of the Food & Beverage leadership team, this role will be responsible for collaborating on strategy and leading the successful operations of the Conference & Events team. This is a full-time position directly supporting the Conference & Events Operations Manager and at times the Bar Operations Manager by setting and maintaining strong service procedures and leading by example at all times.
This is a role suited to a person with a can-do attitude, keen eye for detail, willingness to learn and grow in a team. Experience in a similar role or operations is preferred, while a love for hospitality and a passion for providing excellent service to our guests is a must! The successful candidate will have the availability to predominately work pm shifts, including weekend shifts, but also have the ability to work shifts throughout the week if necessary.
- Accountability for daily operations of delegated Food and Beverage Outlet/s
- Collaborate with other Hotel departments to ensure smooth and efficient event operations
- Lead with passion and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Recruit, train and develop a guest centric staff
- Supervise and lead an enthusiastic and motivated team
- Optimise rosters across all meal periods to ensure service expectations and budgeted targets are met
- Maximise all revenue opportunities, create, collaborate and drive promotions
- Optimise profitability through exacting cost control
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar operational focused position
- Experience working in fast paced, high volume F&B venues
- Bar and barista experience
- Highly motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with rostering, ordering and stock control
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent personal presentation and a high level of professionalism
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
Benefits & Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- Up to 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, Lylo, Independent Collection and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
For further information about Rydges South Bank check out our website at www.rydges.com/southbank and for further information about EVT please visit www.evt.com.