Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Conference & Events Operations Manager
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About Rydges South Bank Brisbane
Level up your career with the best in Brisbane hospitality. Rydges South Bank is located in the heart of Brisbane’s arts and entertainment precinct, offering a variety of rooms, with state-of-the-art features, and fantastic amenities, including Soleil Pool Bar and the award-winning Bacchus Restaurant onsite. We can’t wait to hear from you!
About the role
As an integral member of the Food & Beverage leadership team, this role will be responsible for the strategic direction and leading the successful operations of the Conference & Events team. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Food & Beverage Manager.
Key Responsibilities :
- Accountability for daily operations of all contracted Conference and Events
- Maintain a strong operational presence with a hands-on approach
- Collaborate with Hotel departments to ensure positive guest sentiment through smooth and efficient event operations, particularly with Kitchen and Sales Departments
- Lead with passion and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Recruit, train and develop a guest centric staff
- Supervise and lead through enthusiasm to motivate the C&E operations team of approximately 40 plus staff
- Optimise rosters and payroll to ensure service expectations and budgeted targets are met
- Maximise all revenue opportunities by driving promotional content
- Optimise profitability through cost control
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar operational manager role in Food and Beverage
- Experience working in fast paced, high volume C&E operations
- Proven ability to manage a large operational team
- Demonstrated experience in rostering, ordering and stock control based on levels of business
- High level administrative skills with the financial analytical abilities
- Knowledge of AV equipment and being generally IT savvy advantageous
- Highly motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships while driving employee engagement and development
- Excellent personal presentation and a high level of professionalism
- Outstanding customer service
- Enthusiasm, friendly nature and goal orientated
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and adapt to operations
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.