Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Conference & Events Operations Team Leader
About the Business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges South Bank is a highly-regarded 4.5 star, award-winning hotel boasting 304 rooms and suites, multiple food and beverage outlets, and conferencing facilities. The hotel is located on Grey Street in South Bank neighbouring the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Our core values are Empowerment, Possibilities and Community. These pillars form the foundation of our purpose, which is to make each day better for our customers, our team, the community and… ourselves!
About the role
As an experienced member of the Conference & Events operations team, you will be responsible for the successful execution of food and beverage service delivery, training and supervising food and beverage attendants, be the on the day contact for clients where required, undertake general waiting duties, greeting and seating guests and most important ensuring that guests are served in a professional and timely manner.
This is a full-time opportunity with predominately pm shifts including weekends. This is a role suitable for candidates with a love for hospitality and providing excellent service to our guests!
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar operational focused position
- Experience working in fast paced, high volume F&B venues
- Bar and barista experience
- Highly motivated and excellent organisational skills
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with rostering, ordering and stock control
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent personal presentation and a high level of professionalism
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
For further information about Rydges South Bank check out our website at www.rydges.com/southbank and for further information about EVT please visit www.evt.com.