Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Conference & Events Sales Executive
About the Business
Rydges South Bank Brisbane is an iconic and highly-regarded hotel located in the heart of South Bank. Long known for exceptional hospitality, the hotel comprises 304 guest rooms and suites and an array of dining options including the multi award winning Bacchus Restaurant & Bar.
Our beautifully appointed event spaces and first class team have a proud reputation of delivering exceptional and memorable events from corporate meetings and tradeshows to intimate dinners and weddings.
Empowerment, Possibilities and Community are the business pillars that form the foundation of our purpose; to make each day better for our customers, partners, our team, the community and… ourselves!
About the Position
Reporting to the Conference and Events Sales Manager, this is a full time role for an industry professional seeking their next challenge. If you have ever wanted a role that differs every day, meeting new people, revel in the idea that you can make their day and completely immerse yourself in a job where nothing is impossible? Then this is the role for you!
From the inspirational to the aspirational, events at Rydges South Bank are at the core of our business. You will have exposure to a variety of domestic and international markets while engaging in all types of business and social event enquiries. You will manage and deliver event sales, liaison and administrative duties to ensure successful outcomes for the client and to maximise revenue.
Events are in our blood and our dedication to performing above the market makes for an exciting, successful and ultimately very rewarding workplace. This role will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Respond and manage event sales enquiries
- Drafting event/room proposals and quotes
- Event coordination liaising with internal operational teams
- Conduct site inspections as required
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
We want to know what sets you apart from other applicants and how you can take our business to new heights! When it comes to sales excellent verbal and written communication, high level computer literacy, sharp and professional presentation, and strong attention to detail are musts. In addition to having a love for hospitality and events, we are also looking for:
- Qualifications in Marketing, Event Management or Sales desired but not essential
- Previous experience in similar role involving Events and/or Sales enquiries and coordination
- Proficient Microsoft Office user, with knowledge of IVvy Events Management or similar hotel CRM software programs like Opera desired but not essential
- Demonstrated experience converting sales enquiries into bookings
- Proactive approach to sales
- Experience problem solving logistics
- Enjoy building and maintaining positive relationships, both internally and externally, ensuring repeat business and efficient client management
- Time management with the ability to meet deadlines
- Key account and project management
Benefits and Perks
This is your opportunity to take your career to the next level by representing one of Brisbane’s most respected hotels. Rydges Hotels provides its employees with opportunities to develop their skills and grow a career within the company. If you want to work for a trusted brand with dedicated and friendly hospitality professionals, while accessing fantastic benefits including a variety of discounts with Rydges Hotels and Event Hospitality and Entertainment, apply now!
For further information about Rydges South Bank check out our website at www.rydges.com/southbank and for further information about Event Hospitality and Entertainment please visit www.evt.com.