Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Duty Manager
About the Business
Rydges South Bank is part of Event Hospitality and Entertainment, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australia and New Zealand. Our venues stretch from Perth to Sydney to Queenstown with each venue locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better, we include, we nurture talent and promote internally.
Rydges South Bank is a highly-regarded 4.5 star, award-winning hotel boasting 304 rooms and suites, multiple food and beverage outlets, and conferencing facilities. The hotel is located on Grey Street in South Bank neighbouring the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Our core values are Empowerment, Possibilities and Community. These pillars form the foundation of our purpose, which is to make each day better for our customers, our team, the community and… ourselves!
About the Role
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking Hotel Duty Manager applications for a full-time position, with the flexibility to work all shifts over a 7-day roster. The role will coordinate and oversee the running of the hotel in the absence of senior management, assisting with the operations of Front Office, monitoring hotel security and maximising the profitability of operations.
- Ensure staff comply with all hotel standards, policies and procedures
- Coordinate group arrivals and ensure preparations are made for VIPs and return guests
- Provide clear concise communication to all departments within the hotel
- Handle customer complaints, issues and incidents occurring within the hotel or affecting hotel guests
- Coordinate and respond to guest requests in a timely manner
- Lead by example and provide exceptional customer service at all times
- Drive incentive programs to maximise revenue
- Assist in the hotel’s food and beverage outlets where required
- Assist to valet park guest vehicles and move guest luggage
- Manage emergency situations and give first response to medical situations
- Undertake regular security inspections of the hotel premises
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a hotel supervisory or management role
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and train staff
- Proficiency in OPERA or similar systems
- Cash handling and processing of financial transactions
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Professionalism, time management and organisation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional personal presentation and grooming standards
- Drivers licence (manual preferred but not essential)
- RMLV and RSA (desirable)
Benefits and Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
For further information about Rydges South Bank check out our website at www.rydges.com/southbank and for further information about Event Hospitality and Entertainment please visit www.evt.com.