Rydges South Bank Brisbane – Marketing Manager
About the Business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges South Bank is a highly-regarded 4.5 star, award-winning hotel boasting 304 rooms and suites, multiple food and beverage outlets, and conferencing facilities. The hotel is located on Grey Street in South Bank neighbouring the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a full time role for an industry professional seeking their next challenge within a high paced hotel environment. If you have ever wanted a role that differs every day, meeting new people, revel in the idea that you can make their day and completely immerse yourself in a job where nothing is impossible? Then this is the role for you!
This role will be responsible for managing developing and implementing all marketing, communication and public relation strategies through profitable channels with the objective of supporting business growth.
- Achieve maximum hotel revenue in accordance with hotel sales and marketing plans
- Manage the Marketing resources within budgetary guidelines
- Prepare monthly Marketing reports for the Hotel Owners, GM and EVT Head Office
- Build and maintain close positive relationships both internally and externally
- Drive brand growth and revenue through commercial partnerships
- Manage local media relations, enquiries and opportunities
- Deliver local public relation campaigns including tactical pitching and press releases generating positive hotel publicity
- Lead hotel promotional strategies to ensure growth of hotel and outlet revenue
- Leverage key hotel events including development of supporting materials, media liaison and collateral, and brand content opportunities
- Develop and support engaging content ensuring guests are provided with the best possible experience
- Lead, manage and support the Digital Marketing Executive position in the digital media/marketing environment
- Ensure brand integrity with all communication, both internally and externally
- Identify potential new business opportunities
- Keep up to date with industry trends and implement with hotel strategies
Benefits and Perks
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- Up to 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, Lylo, Independent Collection and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations and/or related fields
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Marketing Manager or similar strategic leadership position
- Previous experience within the hospitality/hotel industry preferred but not essential
- Proven experience managing and working within budgetary requirements
- Strategic, highly influential with a collaborative mindset
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Australian media landscape and current trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; IVvy Events / CRM and OPERA or similar hotel software programs; desirable but not essential
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships at all business levels
- Results orientated in achieving deadlines
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/