Rydges South Park Adelaide – Conference & Events Executive
When you join EVT, you are joining one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading experience companies. EVT encompasses Entertainment businesses that excite every sense, Ventures driven by a passion for new opportunities and Travel businesses that always feel local and authentic. At EVT, we’re the shakers and the Daymakers. The experience creators. The possibility makers and opportunity takers. We aim to make a positive impact on our people, communities and environment, every day.
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges South Park Adelaide
A gateway to pristine South Australian beaches and world-famous wine-growing regions, Adelaide is a city worthy of exploration. Situated south-west of the CBD, Rydges South Park, provides easy access to discover this vibrant city, with 98 well-appointed rooms and stunning views. Come join the team and help craft unforgettable guest adventures.
About the role
If you are someone who has a passion for events & sales, loves hospitality, enjoys getting to know people and want to be part of one of the busiest hotels in Adelaide – then we want YOU!
Key responsibilities :
- Conference and Events sales experience managing all points of the client experience and event, from proposal to contract, invoice to payment, final event coordination and post event follow up
- Showcase the property delivering memorable site visits and guest experiences
- Establish meaningful connection with clients
- Be creative, inventive, positive and inspiring
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail
- Be a professional and enthusiastic individual
- Be a problem solver.
Benefits & perks
At EVT, we want our people to experience our businesses and be brand and experience advocates. So, we make sure access to amazing ‘Elevate Perks’ are available to all staff from day dot.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Ability to drive pro-active sales with confidence
- Previous exposure to Ivvy and Opera systems is desirable
- Results driven – loves to exceed KPIs as much as exceeding guests expectations
- Experience in a Conference Co-ordinator role or similar.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with knowledge in Microsoft office programs.
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Ability to work well in a high functioning team
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.