Rydges Sydney Aiport – Business Development Manager
About the Business
Rydges Sydney Airport, the only hotel in the Sydney International Airport, is seeking a Business Development Manager. Our hotel is just 20 minutes from the Sydney CBD, and 181 steps to the International Airport, with easy access to the Domestic Airport. With great dining options, 9 conference rooms, 318 guest rooms and 24-hour reception and in-room dining for our leisure and business travellers.
Rydges is part of EVT, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing and the Hotel Manager, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for generating new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have passion, a strong track record in sales, be hardworking and results-oriented. You will identify opportunities to grow revenue growth and then strategically plan to deliver on these opportunities.
About the Role
To achieve sales targets and expand the business
- Proactively sourcing new clients
- Conduct site inspections and famils of the property
- Account management of existing clients to grow revenue
- Attend industry trade events, entertaining clients, presenting to clients as required
- Actively seek and support marketing opportunities for the hotel
- Identify and travel to key source markets to represent the hotel and secure business opportunities
Related management and analysis of information
- Analyse sales activity to inform business decisions
- Provide regular financial reports to senior management team
- Contribute to budget and forecasting process
- Management of client contracts, paperwork, and updating of sales reporting system
- Input and keep up-to-date the database of clients and prospective clients to maintain a reliable database
- Monitor and regularly review competitors to ensure that the hotel remains competitive
Benefits & Perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ prior experience as a Business Development Manager
- Experience in a hotel is not compulsory but highly desired
- Computer Savvy desired
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage time and multi-task
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts https://www.evt.com/job-signup/