Rydges Sydney Airport – Conference & Events Coordinator
About the business
Australian & New Zealand owned and operated for more than 30 years, Rydges operates quality city, suburban, and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. Rydges provides genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
Rydges Sydney Airport is a 4.5 star 318 room hotel located at Sydney International Airport. Recognised as the most booked hotel in Australia we have recently completed a refurbishment of our Ascot Restaurant and Smithy’s Bar. We also have a rooftop bar called Cloud 9, a lobby shop and a gym.
About the role
Rydges Sydney Airport has a fantastic opportunity for a Conference & Events Coordinator. This role will be actively supporting Conference Executive and Business Development Manager, and responsible for coordinating Meetings and Events in the hotel. Part of a small team you will need to be highly organised, proactive and results oriented.
- To be fully conversant of the products, packages and capacities of the banquet department and hotel outlets in order to be able to provide professional advise and guidance to prospective clients and to sell the space appropriately
- To take a proactive approach to the sale of the hotels facilities ensuring all opportunities for upselling venues, catering and services are capitalised on
- Communicate effectively with the banquets team and all other departments with regards to all pending events and operational requirements
- Managing distribution of event summaries, including directing BEO meeting to operational departments
Benefits & perks
- Renowned for our refreshingly local, down-to-earth experiences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job.
- 50% off stays at EVT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze and more.
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts and more.
- Awesome winter and summer savings and discounts at Thredbo.
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVT network.
- Local community involvement, volunteering and charitable giving.
- Australia and NZ’s largest and most diverse experiences company.
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in a hotel Conference & Events environment
- Passion for client and guest engagement
- Must possess effective and professional communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be innovative and possess problem solving skills
- Excellent personnel presentation with a approachable personality
- A great attitude and focus on achieving targets is essential
- Technical skills including word and excel.
- Highly regarded knowledge on IVVY and Opera Sales and Catering
- Must have hotel experience with existing Front office, Res wishing to move into a Conference sales role or existing Hotel Conference Sales Co Ordinator experience.
If you’re interested in keeping up to date with all available positions at EVT, including cinemas, hotels, and Thredbo, you can sign up for our weekly job alerts here https://www.evt.com/elevate/careers/.